Due to Covid-19 regulations, food facilities and services have changed. Please see below for more information.
Below is a description of meals and food that we offer to guests and for special events.
Normally, most meals are only available to residents, please contact us for private meals for family or other occasions.
Our catering services include:
- Breakfasts – Now isolated and on a room-by-room basis. Please make sure you book well in advance.
- Evening Meals – Not currently available.
- Lunches – Not currently available.
- Private family meal events – Not currently available.
- Funeral Wakes – Not current available.
- Receptions & Buffets – Not currently available.
Generally, all B&B room rates include breakfast. Breakfast is freshly prepared from local ingredients and include the following (depending on availability):
- Fresh fruit salad (normally a berry mixture)
- Fruit juices
- Teas, fruit teas, coffee and hot chocolate
- Hot, cold and iced water
- Selection of cereals, granolas and oats
- Westray smoked salmon
- Westray eggs – either fried, poached, scrambled, boiled or baked
- Orkney sausages and bacon
- Orkney black pudding and haggis
- Westray breads
- Eggy bread (French toast)
- Selection of jams and syrups
All served at a time that suits you and your companions. Breakfast with the presence of other guests outside of your own group will no longer take place. You will need, and correctly attend, to book a breakfast ‘timeslot’ in advance.
Evening meals are available when booked in advance. Please contact us with your needs around the time you book.
Example dishes include:
- Orkney beef carpaccio with horseradish
- Westray limed crab and crusty bread
- Orkney beef and Orkney ale pie
- Westray slamon
- Chicken, smoked ham and white wine casserole
- Orkney steak
- Sticky toffee pudding
- Westray rhubarb crumble
- Selection of Westray and Orkney cheeses
Please contact us to discuss a menu that suites your desires and needs. All items are subject to availability and need to be ordered in advance.
Prices start from £15 per person for 2 courses, depending on content and persons being catered for.
We can no longer allow the consumption of takeaway meals within the accommodation buildings. As access to the kitchen area is no longer permitted, we can no longer provide utensils for your meal.
Pack lunches are available for you to take away with your day of exploring (or work) on Westray and Papa Westray. These typically include the following:
- 1 or 2 rounds of sandwich with a choice of fillings
- Cold drink
- Chocolate or biscuit
If you have any dietary requirements, please contact us when booking to ensure we can provide for any special needs or questions. We can often offer alternatives and replacement menus. But we do require advance warning to ensure we are able source replacement items for you.
We are not a licensed premises, so if you require alcohol to be consumed with your meal or event, you will need to ‘bring your own’ drinks for consumption. We do not charge a ‘corkage’ for small gatherings (upto 6 people), however we may charge corkage, for the disposal of waste products.